- An environment that is clean, organized, uniform, and smart demonstrates a drive for quality
- A clean, organized environment helps drive efficiency
- Reduces scrap, downtime, and changeover time
- People spend a lot of time in their work environment and should feel good about their work areas
- An environment that is clean, organized, and disciplined improves safety and stimulates performance
I was blessed this morning to spend a few unplanned moments with a dear friend. I always leave her and feel a sense of calm and goodness, and this was no different.
As we chatted away she shared with me a quote her Dad refers to often, "You are the SUM total of ALL the people you have met and LEARN from." As I departed the visit, I kept referring back to this and started to think upon how many opportunities each of us has to grow, as true human beings.
I also started to reflect on what I have learned and how I have grown as a result of some amazing encounters recently. And then it hit me! So if I am the sum of what I learn from others...then how am I adding to them?! And am I adding to them? Not all meetings will be positive but taking a moment to learn from and move forward is influential in who we are.
So as I move ahead, I will continue to reflect on this and hold it close, recognizing how each encounter is contributing to my being and how I can learn from others. And most importantly I will consider how I contribute to the sum parts of those I meet.